Monday, April 20, 2009

Location, location, location

When it comes time to plan a shower, be it baby, bridal, whatever, think outside of the box when it comes to the venue. I attended a beautiful bridal shower this weekend for a good friend of mine, and was delightfully surprised at the location.

One of our hip local bars has a classy non-smoking section that you can rent out for small parties and gatherings. It’s historical interior and huge windows make it the perfect place to get the girls together in celebration of the bride and groom. They served awesome appetizers and had a variety of drinks available. It was really enjoyable, and not so stiff and stuffy, so mingling was an easy task. I felt more like I was getting together with old friends for a drink. Loved it!

So think about an innovative location for your next affair… an art gallery, coffee shop, or local pub?

Above, a local coffee shop could be a great spot for a relaxed shower or informal rehearsal dinner.

View blog reactions

1 comment:

sjponte15 said...

I am so glad you liked it!! I wasn't so sure when they said Oscar's but I knew I didn't want the 'traditional' shower!