Thursday, February 12, 2009

How to cook everything


Ever since I met my husband, I’ve been enthralled with cooking. In college I loved experimenting with new ingredients and challenging recipes… making things for the first time was an incredible rush. I know, I know, I’m a food geek. But while enjoying cooking so much, I never really knew who the real “foodies” were.

For our wedding in July 2007, we received this book, How to Cook Everything, by Mark Bittman and Alan Witschonke. My husband was actually the one squeeled with delight at the sight of the book, he obviously knew who this Bittman character was. It didn’t take me long to realize that Mark Bittman is a food genius, and this book was a godsend. (Also available is a vegetarian version of this book)

Anything I could ever think about making was here, no phone call to mom needed! If you haven’t already checked it out, flip through a copy at your local bookstore… it will save your life, and any dinner party at that!

Image courtesy of amazon.com

View blog reactions

1 comment:

sjponte15 said...

I love this book too! Someday I'll need to get my own copy as I look at yours just about everytime I'm over!!