Friday, November 7, 2008

Embossed stationery


I recently had a client inquire about embossing their invitations with the logo from their country club venue. I thought it was a great idea, as we used an embosser for our wedding stationery, and sent her some of the pictures from our set of save the dates. I also wanted to share a little bit about my experience, in hopes that more brides out there will venture in to the many embossing options.

I don't tend to see a lot of invitations with an embossed element, even in custom designs, they are few and far between. I think a lot of people assume that it's horribly expensive, but if you look hard enough, it can be a very affordable element to a classy wedding.

I customized the above hand embosser with our initials inside of a dotted circle, and purchased it for around $60.00. It was made in a week and I immediately started practicing with it, and it wasn't long before I got the hang of it. After I got the hang of it, I embossed our save the date envelopes, place cards, program covers and much more. It was a beautiful and custom way to tie all of our paper goods together.

For me, the $60.00 was a small fee to pay, for having an expensive, handcrafted look throughout our wedding. Not to mention the fact that I'm still using it today on our personal stationery sets. If you plan in advance, this type of design element can be a lasting memory of your special day, to use for as long as you wish!

View blog reactions

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, I had no idea you did had your invites embossed! Beautiful! you should post more about these, and how you did them!

-J

Sarah said...

Now THIS is a fantastic idea! How have I never thought of this? You can just go to your local Office Max and they make a custom embosser for -yes - like $60. GREAT GREAT idea.

Anonymous said...

It's great to know, you apply customized hand embossers for all your official & personal work. It seems that you went through, lot of trouble in finding a perfect customized embossers. Even, I went through the same trouble for my wedding. But, one of my close friends suggested a website Custom Embossers, which offered a range of embossers. I got my wedding card embossed and was very happy with the final result.