Wednesday, October 29, 2008

DIY Bride : Inspiration board contest



Going through my daily blog reads yesterday I came across this post from DIY Bride. I'm not a bride (or groom, for that matter), so I won't be entering, but I thought it was a great idea for a challenge. I put my skills and resources to the test and came up with an inspiration board that totals $387.99, well under the $500 mark. It was a fun assignment, and proved that there are some amazing ensembles out there for a lady on a budget!

The gown is actually from the bridesmaid collection of Dessy, and was found at house of brides. At the Dessy homepage you can play around with different color options, and they have many! $139.00

The Ivory birdcage fascinator is from Etsy. $38.00

The shoes are Chinese Laundry from Piperlime. $60.00

The Paris-Ruby shoe clips are from Absolutely Audrey. $30.00

The garnet circle pendant is from Top Jewelry Stores. $44.99

The Narella earings are from Etsy. $28.00

The Sephora Blockbuster makeup palette is from Sephora. $48.00

Grand Total: $387.99

View blog reactions

No comments: